Set Up Utilities
Here are the utilities to set up before your move:
- Cable and internet
Most utility companies provide the option to switch your services from one address to another. All you need to do is set an end date for the current unit’s service and a start date at your new address. Companies like Comcast make it easy for you during the moving process.
Register Address Change with USPS
To register your address change, contact USPS. The process is easy:
- Enter your new address
- Select whether your new address is temporary or permanent
- Note: temporary addresses are less likely to receive spam mail
- Select family or individual
- If you are moving with other people, it helps to select family so each individual doesn’t have to go through the process
- Select a forward date
- This tells the postal service when to start forwarding your mail to the new address You can complete this task whenever you know your new address. We recommend selecting the forward date to be your move-in date. Update your address with your bank, credit card companies, medical offices, magazine subscriptions, your office.